Hi Mat – I would just like to thank you for advising and acting for us with regards to my dad’s estate. An excellent service. I would like to especially mention Mary who had an excellent client manner and is very efficient. A credit to Cocks Lloyd.
MAKING YOUR WILL
Why should I make my Will?
- You decide who benefits from your Estate.
- If you have a partner to whom you are not legally married, it is very important.
- You can decide to leave legacies to friends, family or charities (of whatever sum you choose).
- You choose who you want as Executors to deal with the administration of your Estate.
- You can appoint a guardian for infant children.
- Carefully drafted Wills can save a large sum of money in Inheritance Tax or introduce an element of “asset protection”.
- The expense involved is not large.
- Peace of mind.
Things I need to consider before making my Will
- Whom to name as beneficiaries?
- Make an estimate of the total value of your Estate
- Consider who you want as your Executors (and ask them if they are willing to do it)