HEAD OF RESIDENTIAL CONVEYANCING
Deals with a wide range of both Residential and Commercial Property matters, including:
- Acquisitions and Disposals of freehold/leasehold land and properties.
- Residential Sales, Purchases, Re-mortgages and Transfers of Equity.
- Lease Extensions and Deeds of Variations.
- Land Development – Option Agreements and Overage Agreements.
- Landlord and Tenant – Leases, Lease Assignments, Surrenders and Underlettings.
- Wayleave Agreements and Easements.
- Refinancing and Secured Lending.
- Land Registry title matters including first registrations and adverse possession applications.
Emma joined Cocks Lloyd as in August 2014, having completed her Legal Practice Course with a Distinction. Emma then began her training contract with Cocks Lloyd in September 2015. This involved Emma undertaking work in various areas of law with a focus on both Commercial and Residential Property. Emma qualified as a solicitor in 2017 and has good knowledge of all property matters. Emma is now Head of Residential Conveyancing.
Over the years, Emma has acted for a variety of clients including private individuals, investor landlords and small businesses. Emma has also acted for a number of Landowners in the sale and purchase of development land.
Emma prides herself on offering a personal and efficient service whilst keeping the clients updated whenever possible. Emma has built up a vast client base acting for returning clients to the Firm and on recommendations.
When not at work Emma is a keen cook and loves to cook for family and friends. Emma is also a keen traveller and has spent a lot of time in South France with family.
Drawing upon experience working for Tier 1 Legal 500 firms and regional heavyweights, Victoria can assist both Commercial & Residential clients with:
- Buying, Selling or Re-financing your land or property.
- Secured Lending;
- Leases, Grants of Easement, Legal Charges;
- Surrendering, Transferring or Assigning a Lease;
- Buying land for the purpose of Viticulture (Grape growing) and Agriculture including Grazing Licences for livestock and pasture;
- Retail ventures;
- Protecting your interests every step of the way;
- A variety of other Commercial & Residential matters.
Victoria is a Solicitor in the Commercial Property team at Cocks Lloyd, also being able to assist with Residential Property matters.
After undertaking a Degree in Law, Victoria joined the legal sector in 2010 as a Paralegal for another West Midlands firm and later chose to qualify as a Solicitor after obtaining a Distinction in the Legal Practice Course and a First Class in a Master of Laws Degree.
Since 2010, Victoria has since trained and worked in a number of areas of law for Tier 1 Legal 500 firms and regional heavyweights within the Midlands, broadening her experience and skill set as a Solicitor to be able to offer the best possible service for her clients; infused with empathy whilst adopting a wider commercial awareness.
Drawing upon established experience, Victoria can assist private individuals, investor landlords, banks and businesses. She also has particular specialisms suitable to smallholdings and landowners such as Grazing Licences and acquisitions of land for the purpose of Agriculture and Viticulture (grape growing for the wine production industry).
Victoria prides herself on being able to work for a firm with such a strong regional presence in Nuneaton and Warwickshire which is where she was born, went to school and grew up locally. Being able to work with individuals and businesses advising them on properties and land that she has personal knowledge of, adds a real connection, enthusiasm and depth to the work which her clients pick up on. Her personal connection with the area also enables her to understand the needs of the individuals, businesses and landowners to achieve their property goals.
When Victoria is not at work, she is active within the farming/viticulture industry as a Vineyard owner, getting hands on in her Vineyard and farm, for the purposes of English wine production.
When she is not in a Vineyard, she loves to cook using her own home grown organic produce, paint canvasses, shoot and venture around the vineyards of the world, building on her education of wine, viticulture and farming via the Wine and Spirit Education Trust and the esteemed Plumpton College.